Anxiety is a normal feeling that we all experience from time to time. It can often be helpful in alerting us to a potential danger and it is a natural response to stressful life events. However, when symptoms of anxiety become larger than the events that triggered them they can interfere with your life.
Signs that you may be experiencing anxiety:
- You worry excessively about work, family, money, health, your performance
- You worry about how others perceive you or other aspects of life
- You often feel agitated, restless and/or irritable
- You avoid events, places or people out of a fear of experiencing anxiety
- Your sleep and appetite are impacted by anxiety
- You suffer from unwanted intrusive thoughts
- You find it hard to feel safe and secure in relationships
- You suffer from specific fears or phobias
You DON’T have to feel this way. Anxiety is treatable. You can feel better.
Anxiety therapy can help:
- Discover the underlying causes of your fears and worries
- Learn healthy ways to manage anxious thoughts
- Develop better coping skills
- Learn new strategies to calm and soothe yourself
- Develop confidence to face new situations
- Learn ways to become more gentle and compassionate with yourself
Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action. ~ Walter Anderson
One small step is all you need to take.