Children & Teen Issues
All parents want the same thing – for our children to be happy, healthy and well-adjusted. And nothing brings a parent more worry than the well-being of our children. Whether you child is dealing with emotional challenges, difficult life transitions, or they have experienced a trauma, our team of therapists work closely with parents and their children to understand what is developmentally normal, identity areas of concern and develop strategies to help children grow and thrive.
Our work with young children is play based to help foster a sense of connection and safety. Our work is also family-centred as we understand that for children to do their best; parents need support and the right tools to meet their needs.
Our work with teens recognizes this as a uniquely challenging time when the needs of teens and parents can be at odds creating conflict and heartache. Mood instability, increased expectations, peer pressure and the desire to fit in and belong can create challenge for teens and parents as they attempt to find their way through this intense period of growth and change.
Signs that your child may need help:
- Child displays emotions that are concerning including sadness, anxiety, anger or depression
- Child experiences mood swings
- Changes in academic or athletic performance
- Social isolation
- Changes in sleep habits or appetite
- Self-harm behaviour
- Major life change such as separation, death, relocation or re-marriage
- Experiencing emotional, physical or sexual abuse
Therapy can help kids & teens:
- Learn how to identify and regulate emotions
- Enhance social skills
- Learn heathy ways to cope with emotions
- Improve self-esteem
- Learn better ways to problem solve
- Heal from trauma
- Increase resilience
- Develop better relationships
Therapy can help parents:
- Understand the emotional needs of their children
- Advocate for their child’s needs at school
- Regulate their own emotional reaction to their children
- Find new solutions to challenges
- Support their children through transitions or losses
Raising children can be challenging.
That’s why we offer you the support you need.