Change is a part of life.
Some times change can bring a sense of relief and calm, while at other times it can leave us overwhelmed, confused and emotionally off-balance. And it doesn’t seem to matter if the change is expected or unexpected – life transitions can be difficult.
Some common life transitions include:
- Milestone birthdays
- Getting married
- Buying your first home
- Becoming parents
- Losing a job
- Becoming empty nesters
- Death of a loved one
- Illness or disability
You may find yourself navigating some life transitions smoothly while others leave you feeling lost. Both reactions are normal and the latter will require support to help guide your way to a sense of balance and well-being.
Our work is designed to face this experience fully while promoting your adaptation and growth.
You will be supported to:
- Explore and accept the emotions you are experiencing
- Understand what this change means for you personally, professionally, relationally and emotionally
- Face the fears associated with this change – so you can find peace and acceptance of this new life experience
- Build your coping and resilience to see the opportunity and growth that is possible
- Discover a new sense of yourself and your strengths as you overcome the challenge associated with this time of transition
We understand it is tough to handle life transitions on your own. We know that receiving support can help you find your way through this time of change. Let one of our therapists help you feel more grounded while finding your way through this difficult time so you can move forward. Call to book your first session to get started.