Depression is a dark journey that leaves you exhausted and depleted.
Many will have an experience of depression at some time in their lives. It may be a brief episode related to a specific event, for others it may be a chronic low mood, while others may experience a debilitating condition that makes normal living feel impossible.
Common signs of depression:
- Feeling sad, anxious or “empty”
- Difficulty concentrating
- Change in sleep habits
- Change in appetite and eating habits
- Physical and emotional exhaustion
- Feeling guilty, worthless, pessimistic and hopeless
- Withdrawal and social isolation
- Feeling irritable and agitated
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities and relationships
- Suicidal thoughts
Many people suffer from depression symptoms and deny themselves the help that would support their recovery. They may feel weak. They may feel embarrassment or shame. They may feel afraid that there is no hope for them. But help is available and good treatment options exist to help people feel better.
Depression therapy is designed specifically for you to meet your unique needs.
We will help you:
- Understand depression as an illness and the steps for recovery
- Identify and explore the life problems that contribute to your depression
- Engage in activities that are proven to improve depression symptoms
- Identify and challenge negative thinking patterns that contribute to feeling down or bad about yourself
- Develop new habits to increase your sense of purpose and productivity
- Rebuild social connections
Depression can be isolating – but you do not have to face this journey alone. Reaching out to a therapist will help you feel better faster. Let one of our trained therapists guide you on your path to feeling better. Call today.